Thursday, August 28, 2008

33... Yikes

Okay, so today is my 33rd B-day. Not a great thing, this getting old stuff. But, of course, as I get older I realize how blessed I am and have been through my life. Sometimes it's easy to get caught up in the stuff that isn't going right in life and forget about the blessings. Sometimes I get caught up in the fits and fights of my kids and forget about what amazing gifts they are and how cute and sweet they are. Anyway, I am going to take this opportunity, at the risk of being EXTREMELY CHEESY to say some of the things I'm thankful for...

-I'm thankful that I have the gospel in my life.

-I'm thankful I grew up with parents who are faithful and supportive, and brothers and sisters (and sister and brother-in-laws) who are great examples.

-I'm thankful I grew up in a small town, where my friends were great and still hold a special place in my life.

-I'm thankful for the friends who I have met through college and keep in touch with still.

-I'm thankful for the friends who I now have here in McLean.

-I'm thankful for the amazing family I married into.

-I'm soooo thankful for my kids. I can't imagine doing anything but spending my days with them. They are so funny, spunky, sweet, cute, talented, creative, smart, and they give the best hugs!!!

-Finally, and most of all, I am thankful for my husband. He is always thinking of ways to make me happy. I love his sense of humor and how he gets down and wrestles with the kids. I'm thankful for the person he is and the example he is to me. I don't know what I would do without him. Love you Bubbie...

5 comments:

Skeem's said...

Happy Birthday Cali, I hope you have a wonderful day!! It's a good thing you skeem's look so young, you don't look over 25, and 33 is not old at all! everyone thinks brydon is 25 or 26, it's funny. You have such a beautiful family, I only wish we could see you guys more, Kyan's wedding??

Abby said...

Cali, Happy Birthday!! I agree with the other comment you don't look a day over 25! You for sure are the cutest 33 year old I know!! Thank you for your love and friendship! I miss you guys already! I agree you have the cutest Kids!! I will miss their hugs and love!! Your amazing! I love ya!!

lisa said...

Happy Birthday, Cali! I am grateful to have known you growing up. You were such a good friend and example to me! Hope you have a great day!! :)

Sarah and Dan said...

Happy Birthday Cali! Nice to stumble across your family in the blogging world. And what a beautiful family it is! After skimming a few entries, it appeared as though the entries were all authored by your husband. I'll stop hiding in the wings and say hello since I know you posted this one! So, HELLO!!

Jana said...

I didn't know it was your birthday recently. Happy late birthday.